Monday, October 26, 2009

"Did you ever eat a donut hole?"

In our Truth Project tour last night (#3 Anthropolgy, Who is Man?), we jumped into a discussion on evil, its definition, its source, its effects.

After all, says the typical wordlview, "There is only good in man, no evil. Evil besets man from social insitutions, and other sources, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum infinitum et cetera."

When our time concluded, I asked Mark about the study that his small group undertook last year and how it might compare with The Truth Project. He gave me the Web address, and I was thrilled today to find a lead article there written by Gregory Koukl which sheds further light on the discussion of evil.

It’s linked right off the home page of www.str.org, and I commend it to you.

It’s called, “A Good Reason for Evil – What is evil? Could it have a purpose? Here is a view of evil from an adult rather than a childish perspective.”

The subject line of this post isn’t my creation. It is a direct quote lifted from the 6th paragraph of Koukl’s article. Pretty good analogy, I think you’ll find.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I read Koukl's blog. The issue of evil confuses a lot of people because we take too small a view of the universe in that we try to bring God down to our level rather than elevating our viewpoint higher, so I appreciate his practical approach and willingness to take on the topic. It is really needed. In the end he does a good job and makes valid points, though I think his illustrations are somewhat inconsistent with the point he is trying to make. Of course they are good starting points for discussion.

    Thanks for posting this as I think it is a very interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete